We believe in evidence-based medicine; therefore, scientific research is an essential part of our clinical practice. We document all our treatment results and we evaluate our results based on standardized evaluation forms, thus enabling important international comparisons. Regularly we present our research projects at international congresses. We always published our results in the most prestigious orthopaedic journals.
With over 50 international scientific publications in prestigious orthopaedic journals and lectures, we are in lively exchange with international specialists. KneeCares aim to offer patients high-quality treatment and care based on evidence-based science and using the latest surgical techniques and implants.
The in-house patient documentation is also kept at an international, scientific level, via a so-called patient register, which makes objective follow-up checks of patients possible with the help of standardized questionnaires.
1. No difference in patient reported outcomes, laxity, and failure rate after revision ACL reconstruction with quadriceps tendon compared to hamstring tendon graft: a systematic review and meta-analysis Amit Meena, Stefano Di Paolo, Alberto Grassi, Akshya Raj, Luca Farinelli, Christian Hoser, Sachin Tapasvi, Stefano Zaffagnini, Christian Fink Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-023-07380-5
2. Quadriceps autograft is a viable graft choice for arthroscopic ACL reconstruction in patients over 50 years of age Amit Meena, MS, DNB; Luca Farinelli, MD; Christian Hoser, MD; Elisabeth Abermann, MD; Akshya Raj, MS; Caroline Hepperger, PhD; Mirco Herbort, MD; Christian Fink, MD Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-023-07367-2
3. Return to Play and Pattern of Injury After ACL Rupture in a Consecutive Series of Elite UEFA Soccer Players Luca Farinelli MD; Elisabeth Abermann MD; Amit Meena MS, DNB; Peter Ueblacker MD; Jochen Hahne MD; Christian Fink MD Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2023;11(3). doi:10.1177/23259671231153629
4. Quadriceps tendon autograft with or without bone block have comparable clinical outcomes, complications and revision rate for ACL reconstruction: a systematic review Amit Meena; Riccardo D'Ambrosi; Armin Runer; Akshya Raj; Manish Attri; Christian Hoser; Elisabeth Abermann; Christian Fink Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-022-07281-z
5. Revision ACL reconstruction using quadriceps, hamstring and patellar tendon autografts leads to similar functional outcomes but hamstring graft has a higher tendency of graft failure Amit Meena, MS, DNB; Luca Farinelli, MD; Christian Hoser, MD; Elisabeth Abermann, MD; Akshya Raj, MS; Caroline Hepperger, PhD; Mirco Herbort, MD; Christian Fink, MD Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-022-07200-2
6. No difference in sports participation and patient-reported functional outcomes between total knee arthroplasty and unicompartmental knee arthroplasty at minimum 2-year follow-up in a matched control study Amit Meena, Christian Hoser, Elisabeth Abermann, Caroline Hepperger, Christian Fink Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-022-07166-1
7. Multiple revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: not the best but still good Riccardo D'Ambrosi; Amit Meena; Akshya Raj; Nicola Ursino; Matteo Formica; Mirco Herbort; Christian Fink Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-022-07197-8
8. CORR Insights®: Machine-learning Models Predict 30-day Mortality, Cardiovascular Complications, and Respiratory Complications After Aseptic Revision Total Joint Arthroplasty Meena Amit Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research: July 15, 2022 - Volume - Issue - 10.1097/CORR.0000000000002325 doi: 10.1097/CORR.0000000000002325
9. Total knee arthroplasty improves sports activity and the patient-reported functional outcome at mid-term follow-up Amit Meena, Christian Hoser, Elisabeth Abermann, Caroline Hepperger, Akshya Raj, Christian Fink. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-022-07025-z
10. Objective Assessment Scores and the Development of Efficient Health-Care Systems in Arthroplasty Commentary on an article by Matthew J. Hadad, MD, et al.: “PLAN and AM-PAC “6-Clicks” Scores to Predict Discharge Disposition After Primary Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty” Meena, Amit, MBBS, MS, DNB The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery - Commentary and Perspective: 16 February 2022 - Volume 104 - Issue 4 - p. e12 10.2106/JBJS.21.01255
11. Anterior Knee Pain: State of the Art Riccardo D'Ambrosi; Amit Meena; Akshya Raj; Nicola Ursino; Timothy E Hewett. Sports Med - Open 8, 98 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40798-022-00488-x
12. Good results after treatment of RAMP lesions in association with ACL reconstruction: a systematic review Riccardo D'Ambrosi; Amit Meena; Akshya Raj; Riccardo Giorgino; Nicola Ursino; Laura Mangiavini; Jon Karlsson Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-022-07067-3
13. In elite athletes with meniscal injuries, always repair the lateral, think about the medial! A systematic review Riccardo D'Ambrosi; Amit Meena; Akshya Raj; Nicola Ursino; Laura Mangiavini; Mirco Herbort; Christian Fink Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-022-07208-8
14. Complications and downsides of the robotic total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review Christian Nogalo, Amit Meena, Elisabeth Abermann, Christian Fink Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-022-07031-1
15. Does Implant Design Influence Failure Rate of Lateral Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty? A Meta-Analysis Stefano Fratini, MD Amit Meena, MBBS, MS, DNB Domenico Alesi, MD, Eugenio Cammisa, MD, Stefano Zaffagnini, MD, Giulio Maria Marcheggiani Muccioli, MD,PhD DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.01.068
16. Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Flat Soft-Tissue Grafts Christian Fink, MD, Luca Farinelli, MD, Elisabeth Abermann, MD, Amit Meena, MS, DNB, Robert Smigielski MD, Mirco Herbort, MD Arthroscopy Techniques, Vol -, No - (Month), 2022: pp e1-e11 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eats.2022.10.016
17. Management of type 3 Kienbock’s disease in manual workers by Scaphocapitate fusion with minimum 7-year follow-up Amit Meena, Sandeep Shaina, Sumon Singphow Saikia, Akshya Raj A, Nilesh Verma, Manish Attri Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2022.101854
18. An atypical case of calf pain: Plantaris tendon axial instability Adrien J.-P. Schwitzguébel, Emilie Nicodème Paulin, Amit Meena Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma (2022), doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2022.101985.
19. Mid Term Outcome of Arthroscopic TightRope Fixation of Displaced Lateral End Clavicular Fractures: Average follow-up 6.1 years Amit Meena, Akshya Raj A, Sumon Singphow Saikia, B P Sharma, Chinese Journal of Traumatology, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjtee.2022.04.005
20. CORR Insights®: Does a Prescription-based Comorbidity Index Correlate with the American Society of Anesthesiologists Physical Status Score and Mortality After Joint Arthroplasty? A Registry Study Meena Amit Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research: August 26, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1097/CORR.0000000000001959
21. Causes of stiffness after total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review Stefano Zaffagnini, Stefano Di Paolo, Amit Meena, Domenico Alesi, Raffaele Zinno, Giuseppe Barone, Nicola Pizza & Laura Bragonzoni International Orthopaedics (SICOT) (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-021-05023-3
22. Total knee arthroplasty in valgus knee deformity: is it still a challenge in 2021? MUSCULOSKELETAL SURGERY Alesi, D., Meena, A., Fratini, S. et al. Total knee arthroplasty in valgus knee deformity: is it still a challenge in 2021? Musculoskelet Surg (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12306-021-00695-x
23. Understanding Osteotomy: A narrative review; Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics | Vol 5 | Issue 1 | Jan-Jun 2020 | page: 21-30 | Domenico Alesi, Vito Gaetano Rinaldi, Amit Meena, Giulio Maria Marcheggiani Muccioli, Stefano Zaffagnini.
24. Overcoming the Technical Challenges of Total Knee Arthroplasty in Patients Affected by Hereditary Multiple Exostoses: a Case Report and Literature Review Eugenio Cammisa, MD; Domenico Alesi, MD; Amit Meena, MBBS, MS, DNB; Giada Lullini, MD, PhD; Stefano Zaffagnini, MD, Full Professor; Giulio Maria Marcheggiani Muccioli, MD, PhD. SN Compr. Clin. Med. 4, 254 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s42399-022-01333-8
25. A novel technique of stabilization of supracondylar femoral dome osteotomy with proximal humeral locking plate for surgical management of genu valgum deformity. Mohindra Mukul, Gautam V K, Meena Amit, Gupta Navdeep, Desai Jagannath, Saikia Sumon Singphow. January 2021. Journal of Orthopedics Traumatology and Rehabilitation 13(1):32. DOI: 10.4103/jotr.jotr_47_20
26. Reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament: a historical view Riccardo D’Ambrosi, Amit Meena, Ekjot Singh Arora, Manish Attri, Luise Schäfer, Filippo Migliorini Ann Transl Med 2023. doi: 10.21037/atm-23-87
27. Concomitant injuries associated with ACL ruptures in Elite Professional Alpine Ski Racers and Footballers: A Comparative study with Propensity score matching analysis Luca Farinelli, Robert Csapo, Amit Meena, Elisabeth Abermann, Christian Hoser, and Christian Fink Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2023;11(8). doi:10.1177/23259671231192127